Our school is currently located in a large former nursery on Oberlin Street, Greenacres, just 1.5 miles east of Oldham.
We are located here whilst we await the development of our new purpose built premises in Greenfield. We hope to be moving (again!) in the autumn of 2019.
Making use of two floors, the school consists of:
- A large playroom downstairs, with art room off, suitable for our younger pupils.
- Two large classrooms downstairs, with X-box room off, suitable for KS2 pupils.
- A large dining room where all pupils meet and eat together at break and lunchtimes, together with a preparation area off, suitable for cooking sessions.
- A large conservatory off the back of the school, split in two, for use as a workshop for crafts and upcycling projects and also a sensory /quiet area for younger pupils.
- A large playground where pupils can let off steam, run, jump and play games within a safe enclosed area.
- A large cellar based staffroom where staff can enjoy some peace and quiet and prepare for sessions.
- Separate toilets for girls, boys and visitors.
- A large office ( next to our admin area), where Zoe (Head of Development) and Alison (Head of Learning) are based and meetings can be held in private.
- A large staircase leads to the upstairs area which is split in two. Here there are 5 more classroom for KS3 and 4 pupils, plus a self contained kitchen, small sensory room, staff bathroom and more toilets!
We now have reached our capacity -12 pupils, but the property provides lots of space and areas for the 1:1 staff/pupil and small group activity that is a key feature of the autism education we provide at Bright Futures School.